After having been fought - and again: subordinated - by the Austrians in the 19th century, Hungary reached a compromise with Austria and formed a dual monarchy - kaiserlich und königlich (imperial and royal). From now on, the Emperor of Austria was also the King of Hungary - until he had to give up monarchy and major parts of the empire's territory at the end of World War I. Which is why both Austrians and Hungarians still refer to each other as former k.u.k. partners. I really liked Thorsten's interpretation of k.u.k. as Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cake), even though that's probably not what Kaiser Franz Josef meant back in 1867 when going for a dual monarchy...
Better late than never: some pictures from our trip through the former coffee & cake empire.
Along the Villány-Siklós wine route
Pub
Opening hours: I mostly open at 9 a.m. or 10 a.m., sometimes already at 7 a.m., but possibly also only at noon or 2 p.m., and from time to time at 1 p.m.
I close around 4 or 5 p.m. or at 6 p.m., but it can also happen that I stay open until 11 p.m., 10 p.m. or potentially midnight.
It can occur that I don't open at all, although lately I've been here almost all the time, except for when I was somewhere else.
Festetics Castle, Keszthely
Thunderstorms hitting Lake Balaton
With our family friends Rozali and Tamás
After the storm
ApartMEN everywhere!
Dinner with a view
Graz, Austria

Wolfgangsee
Salzburg
No comments:
Post a Comment