"The real voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes." Marcel ProustEver since I came back from Peru I have been doing a lot of discovery - both real and unreal. First I was somewhat thrown off my guard by the start of our last semester and the return of our 70 classmates who had been on exchange. Suddenly the campus was full of people again, the classrooms were spilling over and the air was filled with happiness to see everyone again. This excitement led to a lot of reunion dinners and parties, which soon gave way to exhaustion. After all we still have some studying to do. That's right. With a set of new courses, and in good old fashion my choice of courses is again incoherent and purely driven by my preference for some professors and by curiosity. Or simply schedule optimization. So this is what I'm spending my class time with this last term: Emerging Economies, Financing Entrepreneurial Opportunities, Managerial Decision Models, Management Control (had to optimize my schedule), Día a Día. Trabajo Cotidiano de la Dirección General (day to day life of top management), Geopolitics for International Careers and Dirigir con Exito la Trayectoria Profesional y Personal (successfully managing your professional and personal development). See, that's exactly what I meant.
But it is interesting. And enriching. And still leaves time for entertainment - and more importantly sports. You've heard right; I've been running a lot lately as it occurred to me that running a half-marathon would be a great thing to do during the MBA. Not sure my knee likes the idea as much as I do but I try hard to motivate it.
Back to entertainment. As I said these last weeks have seen a crazy amount of dinners and social get-togethers. Amongst other things another Bollywood dinner, this time to celebrate the Republic of India.
With Renu and Naresh


We had a girls brunch at our place with Marissa, Mareike, Shweta, Renu and Diana...
... we had a Student Council dinner...

... a Latin-American dinner... (you don't see the link? there's none... but the LATAM Club's dinners are fun!)

... and Goyo cooked a gourmet dinner for Bruna, Maria Carolina, Marissa and I as we we had bid for him at the Thanksgiving auction in November - delicious menu with mussels, lobster, partridges hunted by Goyo, fruit skewers and chocolate fondue! Hmmmmmmm...
The almejas as appetizers...
The partridges in succulent herb-carrot-olive oil-chicken broth-pearl onion sauce...
The lobster killing process...
Finally seated. YUMMY!
And ultimately we went back to Andorra for IESE's annual skiing weekend!
On the way to SKIESE with Alejandra, Pablo and Charlie...

... and on the slopes with beautiful sunshine, fantastic snow and -15°C!

Enough said. The next dinner is waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment