Friday, May 28, 2010

Circles of life

Naresh was really wise when saying that things happen in circles - the last two weeks seem to have been proof to just that. We had a whole lot of farewell parties, a wedding, said "see you soon" to many people and took a trip to Andalucía - just as we had had many welcome parties, said "hi" to many people and taken a trip to Valencia at the beginning of the MBA. And now the end is really here. Mareike just left for the airport and I'm back to where I was pretty much exactly two years ago. I had picked up the keys in June 2008 and arrived in August to an empty apartment. Two days later Mareike was here, and Shweta moved in two weeks after. Now the exact same thing is happening backwards - Shweta left two weeks ago, Mareike is moving back to Germany right now and I'll have another three days in an empty flat. Mareike and I went to the mobile phone agency today to cancel our phones; we had been in the same place two years back to open our accounts. We had started our MBA experience with a party that we had gone to with our friends Thorsten and Marcel; and it was with them and others that we went out for a last time tonight.

Coincidence? Or a rule of life? Either way, the empty flat feels strange and I already miss Mareike. I guess I better go to sleep - maybe it'll all feel less awkward when I wake up...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that the circle of life will soon take us back to Ireland, too? Or to some other incredible and incredibly random destinations? :)Airi

kökö said...

that would be amazing!!! in fact the mba does finish with a whole lot of travels this summer - just as it started :-) so we should also look for a great new destination with bad food to travel to :-)

Mareike said...

It was the best 'circle' I could imagine within one of the best two years of my life. Would for nothing on earth want to change my roomies. Thanks for a million of unique moments and fun. Miss you xxx