Monday, March 7, 2011
Discovering cricket
When in India do as the Indians do... so I dedicated my Sunday to cricket. Ever since the Cricket World Cup kicked off in India several weeks ago wickets, runs, overs, bowling and batting have become the dominant topic of conversation. Intrigued, I asked my friend Neil to introduce me to the game, so we headed to the Cricket Club of India in the afternoon, occupied two chairs on the terrace and started watching the game between India and Ireland on TV, accompanied by tea, snacks, coconut water and lots of talking. The longer we watched the more I understod what was happening on the pitch, and by the end I even became nervous about India not scoring enough runs against Ireland! Turns out cricket can indeed by exciting. Luckily India won and left a billion people happy - and I look forward to seeing some more games!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment