Yesterday saw the Indian Holi festival that welcomes spring and celebrates colors, and colors stand for love, inspiration, innovation, creation, joy and hapiness. People wish each other colorful lives and throw colors at each other - and I was obviously thrilled and wanted to experience that first hand! Unfortunately Shweta and other friends told me to not roam the streets alone on Holi, so I decided to follow their advice. And I had to work anyway, so I buried my enthusiasm and opened up my laptop instead. Maybe better with hindsight as one of my colleagues came to the office with a red dye this morning - red fingers, red hair, even spots of red in his ears... And he did shower. Repeatedly. At least that's what he claims.
Either way, despite the missed color extravaganza and having worked most of the day it was a beautiful Sunday - amazing sunshine, nice hotel in the centre of Mumbai, a breathtaking sunset over the Arabian sea... And all this after having spent a fabulous Saturday night Shweta and Neil. These are the moments that truly offset chaotic project scenes and the fact that I haven't been home in three weeks...
By the way I came across an inspiring quotation today:
Whatever you can do and dream you can do, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!
Wrongly allocated to Goethe but still powerful. May your next year be filled with colors and lots of boldness!
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The quotation is really inspiring. I love it!
Post a Comment