Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Going NEW

Remember how I wrote in an earlier post that I had also come to IESE to try new things I hadn't had time for before? Well that's exactly what I did this week.

#1 - Blood Drive
IESE organized a blood drive on Campus on Monday, and since I had never donated blood but always felt like that might be a good thing to do, I decided to try my luck on Monday. The sign-up, queuing and medical check were okay, and so was the beginning of the blood giving when I was still happily chatting away with my fellow donors Zach and Jeff. But then I started to feel faint. I mean really. Fortunately that passed soon, especially after the nurse turned me upside down, yet this experience slowed me down quite a bit in my fervent resolution to become a frequent donor in the future. But who knows, since we so often tend to block unpleasant things out I might also forget about the fainting incident and readily jump on the folding beds again when the next blood drive comes around.

#2 - Ultimate Frisbee
After the regular soccer practice with the girls (and with enough new blood in my veins) I went up to the rugby fields tonight to join the ultimate frisbee practice that my friend Tim had signed me up for. In the upcoming sports tournaments that IESE and other business schools organize frisbee is one of the sports played and it sounded like fun, so I went - and it was an incredible amount of fun! Pretty demanding as you have to run a lot, but sooo goooooooood :-)

#3 - Touch Rugby
After frisbee, I moved on to rugby as all good things come in threes, right? Next to the frisbee pitch some members of IESE's rugby team had a practice, and as my friend Diana and I had made a deal a while ago I finally needed to fulfill my part. She had promised to join IESE's girls soccer team if I joined the rugby team, and so I went to my first practice tonight. I was reassured we play "only" touch rugby and there's no nasty tackling involved (so no need to worry, Mum :-) I still don't know the rules but it seems to be a lot of fun too - will definitely go back for the next training!

No comments: