Thursday, March 12, 2009
Oh weekend, where art thou?
Phew, two exams behind us - or should I say two REAL exams? We had Managerial Accounting and Operations Management today, both were pretty tough and in both exams I was pretty clueless - at least in accounting. Which is not because I was too lazy to study but because, at the beginning of this week, I made a conscious (and pragmatic) choice to slow down a bit. I was exhausted, started to come down with a cold again and to have enough of this second term, so I paused for a moment to recollect what I actually had come here for. To learn, of course; to live this incredible experience that's an MBA; to widen my horizons... But also get to know interesting people, to live in an incredible city, to get to do things I hadn't had the time for before, to grow and ultimately maybe also to become a better person... And I realized that hectic last minute studying just to get good grades didn't meet these objectives. So I decided to prioritize my well-being, focus on one subject (Ops Mgt), try to do my best in the exams and not to worry about the potential outcomes. And I do feel a lot better! Funnily enough this seems to be a general trend as people were a lot less stressed out this time as back in February... Anyway, now all that separates us from a much looked-for weekend break are three hours of beautiful Marketing Implementation tomorrow morning, and then this term is over! I'll now go to handball practice and then rush home to welcome my friend Muriel who will be staying with me for the weekend. Can't wait for the weekend to begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment