Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back to boxes

Now all is over and I'm back to boxes. Spent some incredibly intense last days in Barcelona, said goodbye to as many people and places as I could, handed over the apartment and eventually left with two suitcases and three pieces of hand luggage (a little nervous about having to pay a surcharge but all went well). Luckily my friend Marcel left on the same plane as I and involved me in a serious conversation about life and relationships - which kept me from growing nostalgic, staring out of the plane window and back at Barcelona and thinking about the wonderful and intense past two years...

On my last day it had dawned on me that the living in Barcelona chapter would close for good, and already there and then I started to miss it. Living in the middle of Eixample, waking up to the Mediterranean sun shining into my room, looking out onto our rooftop terrace, listening to Spanish radio, buying tasty fruit and vegetables from the grocery store, meeting friends at the beach, taking a relaxed approach to life, starting your Saturday night way after midnight, and so much more. Being back in Germany now doesn't exactly help - it has been raining for the past two days and everything is... German. At least I'm happy to spend time with my parents - and I can't wait to leave for St Petersburg with them in two days!

No comments: