Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday night with the nuns

Guess where I am spending my Friday night! You'll never guess... at the monastery. Why? Because we are invited to a wedding!

Claire and I drove down to Craon in Western France this afternoon where Gonzague will get married tomorrow. Since one of Claire's friends is a sister at the monastery in Craon (and since all hotels around here have been fully booked for aaaaaaaaages, as all receptionist would tell me in the most reproachful tone they could find) we are staying at the monastery's guest house. Which turns out to be a very nice place with incredibly friendly reception and spacious rooms. The three icons and two statues of Mary in my room somehow remind me of IESE... the only difference being that there is no TV here to watch the World Cup. And I would die to find out how England and Algeria played tonight. But hey, there's a time and place for everything in life and there's a wedding to be had tomorrow!!! Here's to Gonzague and Pauline!

No comments: