Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wednesday Night Fever

Wednesday night and I am... NOT reading case studies. Hard to believe but true. Have just decided not to do my Accounting and Decision Analysis exercises for tomorrow but to catch up on some blogging instead. And there are quite some things to catch up on...

Let's start back with the exams. Survived them happily (maybe not all that successfully, but well) and attacked the after exam celebration weekend right after! Friday night after exams was dedicated to Moroccan dinner and a party on Naresh's rooftop terrace (no, it's not quite the season any more, but it was still fun!). The following morning, we left for a wine tour through the Penedès with a group of 75 1st year IESEans - extremely cheerful event. To give you some impressions:

Guided tour through the cellars of the Loxarel winery



Followed by extensive wine tasting and an enormous lunch at the vineyard


Introducing section B's wine excursionists - these are some of the people that I see a lot..


And introducing Ricardo, my seat neighbor that I see even more - four hours a day, always to my right


Parts of section A, Mareike's class


Zach and his prey - making sure no good drop is lost


And finally some members of section C - class of 2010 complete!


After-wine-tour-Sunday was another cool day that perfectly rounded off the after exam mini break: sleeping in, skyping with my family, a one hour run on the beach with beautiful sunshine, no cases and dinner with my class mates Faustino and Thorsten. Thorsten and I had helped Faustino with his CVs and internship applications. In order to express his "thankness", he invited us to a nice Chinese restaurant with some really spicy Szechuan food - which was not even marked on the Spanish menu. One of the dishes Faustino ordered was among the spiciest things I have ever eaten, but I did finish it! And liked it. My grandparents in Hungary would have been proud of me - many years of Hungarian spice training do pay off. Food and company made for a great evening - thanks again to Faustino for his invitation.


Since then, as opposed to what I would have hoped, MBA life has not gone back to normal - but to even more intense. Cases and readings as before now coupled with group projects, papers and internship applications make it somewhat harder to keep our work-life-ratio in balance... yet we still manage to squeeze in some fun!

Last week, we had a hilarious B7 team dinner at a Mexican bar; the next day, we had the so-called random dinner where second year students invited us to have dinner at their homes, and the day after there was an Indian dinner at Nitin's place. After all those dinners, I opted to stay in on Saturday and had a relaxed evening with Mareike and Shweta instead.

Another highlight of last week: IESE's handball team has finally taken up their training sessions. So as of now, I will be going to trainings every Thursday evening - am extremely happy to take up handball again! In addition, I will also join the school's women soccer team - unfortunately I had to miss the first training today because of a -guess what- group project, but I am excited to start next week. And to round off my activities, I have also signed up for salsa classes starting this Saturday. MBA rule n°1: make sure to never have spare time :-)

No comments: