One visit to the doctor and five new drugs! Quite a return on investment, huh? If only each of our classes could be this fruitful...
I'm still sick without major improvements but went back to school today after evaluating my options. Number 1: I could have stayed at home to cure whatever I have but that would have meant to miss three classes. Which would have been okay if today had not been Operations Management and Competitive Strategy day. Both interesting courses, yet both require you to hand in a report if you miss a session. And as that's what had already happened to me last Friday, I decided to go for option Number 2: attend classes and suffer a bit while trying to catch some sparks of wisdom floating through the classroom.
After the first lecture, I realized that I wouldn't survive this week without seeing a doctor who really understood what I had, so I started to call half of Barcelona's ear, nose and throat doctors at the 11 o'clock coffee break. Without much success - "sorry, we don't consult on Mondays", "the doctor is operating today", "no appointment before Wednesday", "try the emergency ward"... But I didn't give up and tried again over lunch - and eventually came across a practice who offered me an appointment on the spot! The doctor was very kind and seemed to know her way around noses and throats, so I felt somewhat reassured. And she presented me with a prescription for a bag full of drugs. STRONG drugs. So it seems that I'll be spending my next two weeks taking REAL antibiotics, smaller pills, bigger pills, nose sprays and nasal washes. Still not sure how to feel about the latter, but Shweta reassured me that Yoga practitioners regularly rinse their noses with water, so I guess it can't be bad? Let's see - and let the medicine fun begin!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment