Sunday, February 22, 2009

The motorcycle diaries

Have you wondered how my little Vespa has been doing lately? Or have you even missed moto-related stories on my blog? Well, I know it has been a while since I last wrote about this topic, but living in Barcelona guarantees ever new entries to the motorcycle diaries. And somehow also makes you immune against related disappointments.

The latest addition is the loss of my left rear mirror. How this happened? When I came home from handball practice on Thursday night I parked the moto on the sidewalk in front of our house as always. The next morning, I left the house in my usual early-morning and end-of-week daze, unlocked the moto, put on my helmet and started driving to school. At some point, I wanted to change lanes and took a look in my rear mirror to check traffic - just to realize that I had no left mirror any more. Apparently someone had decided to free all motos in our street from their mirrors - nice gesture, huh? By the way, this is how Barcelona's spare part market gets fresh supplies...

Anyway, so my mirror is gone but ironically my first thought was: Alright, so I'll go to the store and get a new one when I have a moment. Just good that the rest of the moto isn't gone and that it still drives as before! Astonishing how six months of Barcelona life can change your view on things, no? Let's see what comes next...

No comments: