Thursday, July 17, 2008

London, Baby

Am back in Munich. Have spent two awesome days in London and met a lot of friends that I hadn't seen in a while. On Tuesday, I went for lunch with Andrea, a Swiss friend with whom I did my Erasmus semester in Siena. In the afternoon, I met my favorite travel companions Johanna and Airi and their friend Pekka for a nice little stroll through Central London, followed by dinner at Chachamoon, a new restaurant by the owners of Wagamama. If you have a chance seize the opportunity and drop by - it's definitely worth it!

On Wednesday, the Ireland travel sisterhood came together for a picnic breakfast in the park. Afterwards, Airi and I went touristy and took a ride on the London Eye with great views of London. Although I usually believe in undercover tourism I do not regret taking the ride - the views certainly rewarded us for the queue upfront. Lunch with Paul, afternoon in Notting Hill with Johanna and Airi and evening reunion over dinner with good old friends from college! Two excellent days all around!

Now I am looking forward to part II of my summer: Roadtripping the US!

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!

Chachamoon

Night out with the Finns

London Eye

My favorite travel companions

Dinner reunion

Marie & Piet

Pauline, Ana & moi

No comments: