Monday, July 28, 2008

The unbearable lightness of not working - cont'd

Am back in NYC. Have taken the "pyjama flight" from Columbus this morning and suddenly felt reminded of old times when I used to take 7 a.m. flights almost every Monday morning. Major difference: this time I departed from a mid-sized airport in the Midwest (as opposed to funky Munich international airport), I was not surrounded by hundreds of businessmen in dark suits (many of which used to be my colleagues), the business class did not extend over 25 rows (in fact, the plane only had 18 rows) and I was leisurely dressed in jeans and sneakers. Life is good.

Having just dropped off my suitcase I will now venture into Manhattan to benefit from my last day in New York. On the agenda for today: coffee with Milen, a friend from Italy, a stroll around the West Village, some serious CD browsing at Virgin Megastore and dinner with friends. Life really is good.

No comments: