Autumn is here already! I hadn't realized that too much in Barcelona but Munich has reminded me of which season we are currently in.
I arrived in Munich late last night for a short home leave over the weekend. This morning, I needed to take care of various things related to our former apartment and I took the opportunity to stroll through the city center and my former neighborhood. Right now, I am at my brother's and his girlfriend's place enjoying their company and waiting for the yummy lunch my brother is preparing. Although I left Munich only three and a half months ago it feels good to be back. Not because I have a particular homelike feeling but rather because everything is familiar, you know where to get things done and it feels good to be with the ones that really matter to you. Not that my friends in Barcelona don't matter to me, on the contrary - yet these past weeks I haven't had the time to be as much in touch with many of you as I would have liked to. I'll try to improve, and I'll start with my parents right away. Will take the train home this afternoon and spend the weekend with them - can't wait!
Oh, in case you were wondering where the reference to fog was coming from: when landing last night I found Munich covered in the thickest mist I have seen in a long time. Which still hasn't fully cleared up. Am curious whether the weekend will bring any of the sunshine and warm autumn days the weather forecast had announced.
No comments:
Post a Comment