
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Happy Diwali!
If I didn't have two nationalities already and needed to chose, I think I would pick the Indian one. Why? They have the coolest festivals ever! Today was Diwali, the Festival of Lights that - as I was told - is celebrated by lighting candles, striking firecrackers, gathering all the family, visiting neighbors, eating, praying... Most of our Indian classmates were wearing traditional clothes at school today and distributed bindis (dots worn on the forehead) to the girls. To duly celebrate this day Ashish, a second year student, organized a Diwali dinner at an Indian restaurant - which involved loads of people from our school, great food, an excellent atmosphere and a lot of singing entertainment! Great evening - will have to ask Shweta when the next festival is coming up... Happy Diwali everyone!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment