Thursday, October 23, 2008

Greetings from the library...

Have you ever consciously noticed the beauty of libraries? The quiet surroundings, walls lined with books, big study tables, artificial lights and tons of motivated students soaking up knowledge and enlightenment like sponges? An environment of stimulation, curiosity and intellectual development...

Why, you may wonder, am I writing all this? I guess the point is that I am back to being a good student after yesterday's procrastination safari, so I am still at school and studying at the library. Which is a rather new experience as the libraries at my undergrad schools were not particularly inviting so that I never spent too much time there. Now, however, I find I get quite some work done in IESE's halls of wisdom so here I am working on my Harvard Business School case for Marketing Management. A case on the wild and fascinating shower market in the UK - and everything you always wanted to know about low water pressure, thermostatic valves and power showers! Despite its 19 pages and lengthy details I have decided to like the case and enjoy the library's inspirational atmosphere - which brings me to my quote of the day!

The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have. - Woody Allen

Cool, isn't it? Makes a long day at school in weeks loaded with work appear a lot more enticing... Actually one could say I'm only inches away from complete happiness!

No comments: